Cichlid Lake Salt 250G
Cichlid Lake Salt is a chemically sound blend of salts designed to replicate the natural environment of Rift Lake African Cichlids. It contains all physiologically essential elements such as magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, and includes trace components such as iron, aluminum, and iodide.
- Replicates the environment of African Cichlids
- Contains proper amounts of calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium
- Affects hardness only, not alkalinity or pH
All doses given for 40 L (10 US gallons).
- Tanganyika: Use 11 g (1.5 teaspoons)
- Malawi: Use 5.5 g (3/4 teaspoon)
- Victoria: Use 3.6 g (1/2 teaspoon)
CICHLID LAKE SALT dosages are based on DI or RO water; for other water, measure hardness (GH) first, then add according to need. For reference, the Tanganyika dose raises dGH by 8.8 units. The Malawi dose raises dGH by 4.4 units. The CICHLID LAKE SALT dose raises dGH by 3 units.
We recommend the following GH ranges:
- Tanganyika: 3-5.5 meq/L (8-14 dGH)
- Malawi: 1.5-3meq/L (4-8 dGH)
- Victoria: 1-2 meq/L (3-6 dGH)
Be the first to review “Cichlid Lake Salt 250G”