Fish Neutrients, Fresh Water, Medicine, Snails, Water Conditioner
Dymax Sanil Eliminator 300mlSize: 300 ml
The Dymax Sanil Eliminator is extremely effective against all aquatic snails, hydras and even disc worms within hours to a few days. This solution also acts as a preventive treatment when introducing new plants to the aquarium. It is harmless to fish and plants when used as directed and does not upset the biological system.SKU: DYDM069
LIVE FISH, Snails
Horn Nerite Snail
This peaceful snail has a highly variable range of colors and patterns on its shell and is a very attractive and useful algae-eating scavenger that is great for the nano or planted aquarium.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° – 82° F (22° – 28° C)
- pH: 7.0 – 8.2
- KH: 2 – 12 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be sparingly fed daily.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Indigenous throughout East and Southeast Asia
- Average Adult Size: .5 – 1 inch (1.3 – 2.5 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: .25 – 1 inch (.6 – 2.5 cm)
LIVE FISH, Snails
Zebra Nerite Snail
Zebra Nerite Snail are extremely popular for their unique patterns and colors, as well as their practical benefits. They work hard to clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, they eat hair algae, and they keep your substrate clean and the correct color. In fact, nerite snails are widely believed to be the single best snail in the aquarium hobby for obliterating algae off of glass, rocks, live plants, driftwood, and other types of decorations. Although they thrive in both freshwater and salt water, they require salt water to reproduce. Thus, they are quite incapable of overpopulating any freshwater aquarium. Nerite Snails are completely peaceful, and therefore safe to keep with any fish, shrimp, live plants, or other snails.
Recommended Tank Parameters
- pH level range: 6.5 to 8.5
- Temperature range: 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: kH 12-18; gH 12-18
- Notes from the owner:
- With all nerite snails, it’s a good idea to make sure the water line in your aquarium isn’t too high, as these snails tend to climb up beyond the water line.
- Nerite snails do not tolerate water with high nitrate levels.
- Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank. They also need a decent amount of calcium in their water to maintain their shell health, which can be helped by feeding the snails foods rich in calcium (such as kale, spinach, and other greens), by floating a cuttle bone in the water, or by using additives.
Nerite Snails are herbivores and are widely known as one of, if not the most, voracious algae-eaters out of any snail. If there is not enough algae present in the aquarium, their diet can be supplemented with algae wafers or blanched vegetables (such as kale, zucchini, carrots, etc.).SKU: n/a