You can find everything you need to create your own indoor plant Terrarium in our Terrarium shop.
Small stones or grit are an important component that add a fine layer of drainage to the base of your terrarium. This is a small bag of grit enough to create a layer approx 2-3cm at the base of an average sized terrarium, with some to spare.
What is a Terrarium?
A closed terrarium is a sealable glass container containing soil and plants. Once the plants are sealed inside they photosynthesise creating heat & oxygen, which in turn creates condensation on the inside of the glass vessel. This is how the terrarium self waters! There is very little hands on care required making these fascinating self sufficient eco systems, very very popular! They are great too if you are looking for a pet friendly alternative to houseplants.
Read our checklists below to make sure you have everything you need to plant your own Terrarium!
- Terrarium Soil – specialist blend for humidity loving plants
- Activated Charcoal – to prevent mould & add a layer of filtration
- Stones or grit – for added drainage layer
- Selection of humidity loving plants
- Decorative Stones – to add dressing around your plants
- Cushion Moss – to add dressing around your plants
We recommend using the following tools to help make planting your terrarium simpler. You can find most of these items in your local hardware or kitchen store.
- Long Tweezers – for lowering plants into your terrarium
- Long Cocktail Spoon – for making planting holes
- Measuring Jug – to add soil & stones to your Terrarium
- Cork soil Patter – to pat down soil around your plants
- Radiator Paint Brush – for cleaning the inside of your jar
This listing is for the grit only.